What a day yesterday. First game of the season starts at three and then my power goes out til 11. You can imagine how that turned out and why I am writing the first post of the day at 11:30 in the morning. I mean, I had to go somewhere.
ANYWAYS, We finally had real baseball that we care about yesterday and it resulted in a loss. Big deal. While Tom H is basically calling for a firesale, but I see many reasons to be happy.
- In the spirit of being right in small sample sizes, Rickie Weeks had a great game. As did Prince, Braun and Cameron. That's nice to see.
- I don't think I am crazy when I say one of the keys to the Brewers repeating this year is to NOT be last in OBP again. Seven walks and only 3 IP for a pitcher like Tim Lincecum is a good sign.
- Corey Hart hasn't learned a thing.
- How lame were those pregame introductions by Ken Macha? "Starting in right field, he's got a hell of a swing and is gonna hit a lot of homers this year, Corey Hart." I would enjoy this more if he did it today and was all bitter about yesterday's loss. "Batting second and starting in right field, Mr. I Swing At Everything." "And the starting pitcher the guy I probably should have started yesterday because Suppan is terrible, Yovanni Gallardo."
- Speaking of Suppan, I hate to pile on the guy. He is what he is. An "innings eater" which basically means a guy who can throw strikes, but isn't really fooling anyone because they can hit what he's throwing.
- Counsell put a ball in the water, who knew?