Who doesn't like a good pun? More importantly, who doesn't love a bad pun?
Baseball can be kind of a boring game in between all the really exciting things that happen. There is a lot of time for conversation and with conversation comes jokes. Good jokes, dirty jokes and most of all bad jokes will be strewn across Miller Park this year more than Miller Lites. You will hear a lot of jokes at the park this year, but almost none of them will be good. You have to learn to expect them so that you aren't caught off guard by them. You need to be prepared for the polite laugh you are sure to give the co-worker you don't really like that much or the lonely uncle who offered to buy your ticket. Luckily for you, we have the inside track on the hottest bad jokes for 2011. We can see them coming before the bad joke teller can and we're going to share them with you right here. Preparation is the key to success. Or something.
Note: This list is nowhere near complete. To think of every bad joke that will be told at Miller Park would be impossible. To make up for it we have ended every joke with an exclamation point.
- Corey Hart? He's #1 in my book.... my score book!
- They should change Prince Fielder's name to Prince Hitter because he sure can't field!
- Looks like Yovani got his Gallardo!
- Come on ump! It's Kameron Loe not Kameron Loe and outside!
- He's got so many strikeouts we should pronounce it Zack Grein-Kay!
- Shaun Marcum OUT!
- This team has so many steals they should call the manager Ron RUN-icke!
- Brandon Boggs and he hits too!
- In his defense of that error, it's Ryan Braun not Ryan Brains!
- Another error by Betancourt? That guy needs some Craig Counsell!
- Did you hear about the Rickie Weeks extension? I guess we'll be seeing him for Rickie Years!
- Randy is Wolf-ing down this Cardinals lineup!
- Carlos Gomez and he go from first to third good too!
- He's really got the Greinke to striking these guys out!
- Mark Kotsay: homerun!
- Did you hear the Brewers put some on the DL? They got a broken Hart!
- Mitch Stetter down!
- Manny Pair-a strikeouts!
- Takashi Saito pitches pretty sweet-o!
- Shaun Marcum and the Pirates may go!
- Man, Ryan really showed his Braun on that one!
- Jonathan Lucroy? I love his sparkling water!
- I guess you could say that John Axford really "cut down" that batter!
We'll be back next week with season previews of all of our hated NL Central rivals. Have a good weekend!