Keys to the Game
- Throw pitches for strikes that the Giants do not hit.
- Hit the baseball fair in places where there is no one to catch it. Preferably out of the field of play.
- Do not start Jeff Suppan.
What a day yesterday. First game of the season starts at three and then my power goes out til 11. You can imagine how that turned out and why I am writing the first post of the day at 11:30 in the morning. I mean, I had to go somewhere.
ANYWAYS, We finally had real baseball that we care about yesterday and it resulted in a loss. Big deal. While Tom H is basically calling for a firesale, but I see many reasons to be happy.
In case you haven't noticed it is officially prediction season. That special time of year where everyone decides that they "know" who is going to win each division, every playoff series and award despite really not knowing anything at all. Some people do this with computer projections and other people just kind of throw stuff out there. I'll leave you to figure out what side I am on.
|National League||American League|
|East||Atlanta Braves||East||Boston Red Sox|
|Central||Chicago Cubs||Central||Cleveland Indians|
|West||Los Angeles Dodgers||West||Seattle Mariners|
|Wild Card||Milwaukee Brewers||Wildcard||Tampa Bay Rays|
|NLDS||Braves over Cubs (3-0)||ALDS||Red Sox over Mariners (3-1)|
|NLDS||Brewers over Dodgers (3-2)||ALDS||Indians over Rays (3-2)|
|NLCS||Brewers over Braves (4-2)||ALCS||Red Sox over Indians (4-2)|
|World Series||Red Sox over Brewers (4-3)|
|NL MVP||Ryan Braun||AL MVP||Grady Sizemore|
|NL Cy Young||Johan Santana||AL Cy Young||Roy Halladay|
|NL Manager||Bobby Cox||AL Manager||Don Wakamatsu|
|NL RoY||Cameron Maybin||AL RoY||Elvis Andrus|
Hey, at least I'm not one of these dumbasses picking the Mets.
“I was surprised. I thought I was getting ready for the season. I never thought that I wasn’t going to be playing with the Detroit Tigers this year. It’s probably a blessing.”
1. an assertion that something said, believed, alleged, etc., is false: Despite his denials, we knew his career was over.
2. refusal to believe a doctrine, theory, or the like.
3. disbelief in the existence or reality of a thing.
4. an unconscious defense mechanism used to reduce anxiety by denying thoughts, feelings, or facts that are consciously intolerable.