Hey, it's time for one of those year end clip shows that you love so much. You know like that time on Full House when we saw how much we truly loved and appreciated Uncle Jesse after seeing those old clips. There was no need for him to move out of the house with his family, he could just live in the attic!
Miller Park Drunk has only been open a year, but we've published over 300 posts in that time period. Call this the best of 2009, call it The Beginner's Guide to Miller Park Drunk, call it whatever you'd like, here it is.
BEST OF THE BEST
Don't You Forget About the Brewers: John Hughes, director of such classics as The Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink, died this year and the Brewers paid him a tribute.
The Happy Youngster is a douchebag who makes us all look bad: This post really put us on the map with links from Deadspin and other major blogs. It also inspired this idiot to call us "a blogger who gives drunks a bad name", sold a few t-shirts and was semi-popular on tumblr. Not my favorite, but definitely worth mentioning.
Brewers Flow Charts: I have no idea where this idea came from, but it's definitely one of my favorite of all time.
Witrado's Quest: One of the weirder endeavors we have ever done did a fine job of getting the Witrado hatred out of our system. Not that we like him now just that it doesn't bother us as much anymore.
THE RUNNING SERIES: I loved this if only because Brew Crew Ball to write:
"If you have a vague interest in Brewer baseball, but wish there was less analysis and more profanity on this site, then Miller Park Drunk's RUNNING series might be just the ticket for you."
Yeah, f- analysis.
Meet Alcides Escobar ladies: A classic misogynist post where we attempt to teach Alcides to be a ladies man. If we only know then what we know now.
JJ Hardy: Step by Step: One of my all time favorites. It's almost like a "real sports writer" column, but still maintains our sensibilities.
Thanks a lot Ryan Braun, now I'll never get laid: The first time I ever swore in a post at this site. Crazy, right? It made perfect sense with this post though.
Ryan Braun turns down The Bachelor: One of our better fake conversations.
I Know Things
(Guides to Everything)
- Halloween costumes
- Dressing for a Brewers game
- Eating for the cycle
- Leaving early (which I actually broke the rules of once)
- Sneaking in Booze
- My birthday
- Wearing gloves
- Lighting a grill
Like a real writer and stuff
Mike Cameron, I love you: An impassioned plea not to boo Mike Cameron during his inevitable upcoming slump.
MPD Book Club: Wrigley World: I really like this review and it really did make me feel like a real writer.
The next big thing in Milwaukee is Brandon Jennings: So did this one.
How NOT to be a Brewers fan: From the Onion AV Club, this one made me feel like a real writer because I got paid for it. Parts of it were also read on Dave and Carole's morning radio show although they credited the AV Club and not us. Still, pretty cool.
Keep watching the best part hasn't even happened yet: My case against giving up on a team that is out of contention. In my opinion the "best part" happened after this post, Prince's cannonball celebration and the awesome game it finished. That game had like 7 out of the top 10 plays on SportsCenter that night.
Best of the Rest
- Braun's Big Day
- JJ Hardy is WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!
- The Chris Farley Show
- Anatomy of a Play: This post got linked from ESPN, a big deal.
- Todd Coffey is The Warrior: Where I suggested Coffey start using the Ultimate Warrior's theme music which he would later start doing, but that apparently had nothing to do with me. Eat me Mike Vassallo.
- The Celebrity Roast of Doug Melvin
- Boy let me tell you what: Ryan Franklin of the Cardinals rants about the Brewers.
- The Reliever starring Eric Gagne: You see it's like the movie The Wrestler, only with Eric Gagne.
- The Remetee is the experience: That Yovani picture gets me every time.
- JJ Hardy knows how to party: One of the earliest posts that kind of set the tone for the type of site this was going to be.
- How Parra Got His Groove Back
- Miller Park Drunk 1983 Edition
- "Just having three days off that's going to be exactly what I needed"
- Brewers Baby!
- Felipe Lopez joins the Brewers: One of the best locker room talks.
- Doug Davis wants another chance: Loved this four part series of trade candidates that included Erik Bedard, Jarrod Washburn and my personal favorite Cliff Lee.
- Ryan Braun has a funny way of inspiring people
- Great Moments in Untucking History
- Miller Park South Sucks
- MPD Field Trip: Wrigley Field
- Gorman Thomas to attempt comeback with the Cubs
As you can see I had a lot of good memories here and had trouble narrowing down my favorite posts. I really appreciate everyone who reads this site and want to thank you all for that. It took us awhile to find exactly what the "voice" of the site should be, but I think we're there now and if you like completely irreverent humor with a loose connection to the Milwaukee Brewers this is the place to be for 2010 and beyond. We'll keep doing it if you keep reading it. (Unless we get really bored of it. Then we won't.)
Tags: alcides, anatomy, attempts, awesomeness, babies, bachelor, balls, Baseball, blog, blogger, blogs, booing, books, booze, braun, breakfast club, brew crew, brewers, cameron, cardinals, celebration, celebrities, celebrity, comebacks, conversations, Corey Hart, Cubs, dating, deadspin, decider, douchebag, douchebags, drunks, espn, fan, flow charts, full house, game, Games, girlfriend, gloves, gorman, halloween, hangover, hangovers, hatred, idiots, job, jobs, john hughes, Ken Macha, ladies man, links, LOLBRewers, love, macha, majors, Miller Park, milwaukee, misogynist, mpd, music, parra, pretty in pink, prince, profanity, radio, slump, slumps, sports, sportscenter, t-shirts, thanksgiving, tickets, trades, tribute, vague interest, wrigley, year end, youngster, youngsters, yovani