The Brewers haven't been playing that good lately and it's hard to get excited about the team. Maybe the games on TV don't feel as "can't miss" as they used to, maybe you aren't in as big of a rush to leave the parking lot as you normally are or maybe you don't update your popular blog as much as you normally do. Try and remember, there are good things going on with this team even if they aren't winning.
We got Casey McGehee from the Cubs, for nothing. Nothing. He is currently hitting .344 with a .925 OPS. That's good. Do you think the Cubs miss him? Do we like having him? That's an excellent silver lining right there. Casey McGehee being a Brewer helps us and hurts the Cubs, that's awesome. Know what else is awesome? These FUN FACTS about Casey McGehee.
- Casey McGehee went to Fresno State. Other famous Fresno State alums include Pauly Shore, former Rams coach Mike Martz and Skip-2-my-lou Rafer Alston.
- Casey's birthday is October 12th. Other notable people born on October 12th: Hugh Jackman and Kirk Cameron.
- Casey isn't that bad at defense either.
- Despite being older than him, Craig Counsell is his son.
- Casey is not exactly what you might call "buff" or "in shape", which always makes you like a player a bit more. There's just something about a player that would easily beat you in a wing eating contest.
- He's not Bill Hall. Bill Hall is currently hitting below .200. Yikes.
- He's cheap: Casey is still under team control and won't take up much payroll for the next few years.
- Casey McGehee can sneeze with his eyes open.
I like the guy!