You'd think after going to two games this week I'd have something on my mind, but you'd be wrong. I got nothing. Well, nothing long form at least. I do have these few tidbits.
- I SHOULD be doing a podcast on Monday night which will be posted here Tuesday day. This is not exactly by popular demand, but I think that this is going to be good and should keep you entertained throughout the offseason. If you think we don't talk enough about baseball now, you ain't seen nothing yet.
- Speaking of things that SHOULD be happening. I'm supposed to have a story going up on Decider again. The last time I wrote for them I told you "How NOT to be a Brewers fan", this time it's a bit more.... I'll say controversial.
- Is that considered selling out? Writing for "the man"? What if I told you that someone offered me a lot of money to buy the website? How would you feel about that? I'll have more on this next week.
- Stop the presses. Anthony Witrado actually wrote a decent column about the 2010 team. I don't believe it either.
- Speaking of the 2010 team I might touch on this later in the offseason, but just allow me to say that if the team gives up on Rickie Weeks I find it more offensive than the JJ Hardy thing. Weeks worked harder than anyone in the offseason to improve, showed tremendous improvement and then got hurt. There would be no Lopez without that injury and there'd be no need for Lopez without that injury. I am sick of hearing about getting rid of him and keeping Lopez in everyone's rosterbation fantasies.
- Michael Hunt is hit or miss with me, but he gets some great quotes from Doug Melvin in this article. As I've pointed out before 5 of the top 6 Brewers pitchers are having the worst seasons of their career without that, they're in it. I think they're fine in 2010.
- Next week should be good. I'm going down to "Miller Park South" and should have a nice little field trip report.
Alright, that's all I got. Only a few weeks to go here and then it's onto next season. Went by pretty fast didn't it? The team wasn't as good as we'd have all liked them to be, but I have no regrets. I had some of the best times of my life following the team this season and that's really what it's all about.
Have a good weekend everybody, have fun watching your football or whatever it is you kids do for fun.