- "Is Dusty Baker sleeping with Corey Patterson?": Yahoo! Answers investigates.
- Corey Patterson montage: A fan video set to Survivor.
- Someone actually has to tell Dusty Baker that Corey Patterson sucks: Anytime you can talk bad about Baker and Patterson in the same article, Cubs fans will read it.
- Corey "tarded" Patterson
- Corey hasn't learned a damn thing: desipio, a sports blog pioneer.
- Corey Patterson has a new nickname: Orioles fans love him too.
- Corey story: Moral of the story? Don't let Corey dress himself.
- Walk Off Walk's Patterson t-shirt
- Bleacher bums tell Patterson how they feel: Or maybe just one guy.
- Corey Patterson's Baseball Reference Page: Perhaps the funniest of all. -30 OPS+ this season, is that even possible?
While I am still not 100% committed to throwing in the towel on the 2009 Brewers season the fact remains that in order for the Brewers to make the playoffs this season will require a minor miracle. Not quite a water into wine type miracle, but something along the lines of the Brewers bullpen holding a lead, Jason Kendall getting an extra base hit or an awful writer not losing his job when the newspaper industry is going broke. The mere existence of Anthony Witrado gives our season hope.
Whatever happens this season know that this isn't the first time the Brewers have let fans down after a successful season. In 1982 they made the World Series and on August 25th 1983 they were in first place, but by the end of the season they were 11 games back and in a pre-Wild Card world out of the playoffs (not that they would have made it anyways). So if you are feeling let down by the Brewers now, just imagine what it was like in 1983. You know, besides totally awesome.
Or we could just do the imagining for you. That's right, it's Miller Park Drunk: 1983 Edition.
I've been watching baseball my entire life and if there is one thing I've learned it's that you have to hate at least one person on your favorite team at all times. It's impossible to love 25 guys at the same time. You have to dislike a few. All season long Jason Kendall and Jeff Suppan have been neck and neck for the title of punching bag, but with Suppan's injury and Kendall's recent slump it seems that Kendall has taken the crown once and for all. And I couldn't be happier.
With Suppan it's always more about expectations and money than it is about performance. He is not good, I am not saying that he is. It's just that he is a 4th starter and he is expected to be a fourth starter, he just happens to be paid exorbirantly well for a fourth starter. It's not his fault that he took the money, who wouldn't? He is what he is.
With Kendall it's different. He's a catcher and catcher's aren't supposed to hit, but he is so bad at hitting that it's become a joke. The story goes that he overcomes his hitting by his value in handling the pitchers. The pitchers like throwing to him. Let's just go ahead and debunk that REAL QUICK. Continue reading →
The Brewers haven't been playing that good lately and it's hard to get excited about the team. Maybe the games on TV don't feel as "can't miss" as they used to, maybe you aren't in as big of a rush to leave the parking lot as you normally are or maybe you don't update your popular blog as much as you normally do. Try and remember, there are good things going on with this team even if they aren't winning.
We got Casey McGehee from the Cubs, for nothing. Nothing. He is currently hitting .344 with a .925 OPS. That's good. Do you think the Cubs miss him? Do we like having him? That's an excellent silver lining right there. Casey McGehee being a Brewer helps us and hurts the Cubs, that's awesome. Know what else is awesome? These FUN FACTS about Casey McGehee.
- Casey McGehee went to Fresno State. Other famous Fresno State alums include Pauly Shore, former Rams coach Mike Martz and Skip-2-my-lou Rafer Alston.
- Casey's birthday is October 12th. Other notable people born on October 12th: Hugh Jackman and Kirk Cameron.
- Casey isn't that bad at defense either.
- Despite being older than him, Craig Counsell is his son.
- Casey is not exactly what you might call "buff" or "in shape", which always makes you like a player a bit more. There's just something about a player that would easily beat you in a wing eating contest.
- He's not Bill Hall. Bill Hall is currently hitting below .200. Yikes.
- He's cheap: Casey is still under team control and won't take up much payroll for the next few years.
- Casey McGehee can sneeze with his eyes open.
I like the guy!