Inspired by Lookout Landing's excellent Teams Offenses as Players post, Miller Park Drunk presents to you Teams as Stereotypical Pictures! Each team is accompanied by a picture that stereotypes their city, team or fanbase. This should be fun. Continue reading
- "Is Dusty Baker sleeping with Corey Patterson?": Yahoo! Answers investigates.
- Corey Patterson montage: A fan video set to Survivor.
- Someone actually has to tell Dusty Baker that Corey Patterson sucks: Anytime you can talk bad about Baker and Patterson in the same article, Cubs fans will read it.
- Corey "tarded" Patterson
- Corey hasn't learned a damn thing: desipio, a sports blog pioneer.
- Corey Patterson has a new nickname: Orioles fans love him too.
- Corey story: Moral of the story? Don't let Corey dress himself.
- Walk Off Walk's Patterson t-shirt
- Bleacher bums tell Patterson how they feel: Or maybe just one guy.
- Corey Patterson's Baseball Reference Page: Perhaps the funniest of all. -30 OPS+ this season, is that even possible?
While I am still not 100% committed to throwing in the towel on the 2009 Brewers season the fact remains that in order for the Brewers to make the playoffs this season will require a minor miracle. Not quite a water into wine type miracle, but something along the lines of the Brewers bullpen holding a lead, Jason Kendall getting an extra base hit or an awful writer not losing his job when the newspaper industry is going broke. The mere existence of Anthony Witrado gives our season hope.
Whatever happens this season know that this isn't the first time the Brewers have let fans down after a successful season. In 1982 they made the World Series and on August 25th 1983 they were in first place, but by the end of the season they were 11 games back and in a pre-Wild Card world out of the playoffs (not that they would have made it anyways). So if you are feeling let down by the Brewers now, just imagine what it was like in 1983. You know, besides totally awesome.
Or we could just do the imagining for you. That's right, it's Miller Park Drunk: 1983 Edition.