Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and most of you are probably already checked out for the holiday, but just in case you are like me and completely irresponsible, waiting til Christmas Eve to buy anyone anything than I have a list for you. I can't tell you what anyone wants (probably something involving their cellphone), but I can tell you what they DON'T want. So here's 10 Christmas gifts you shouldn't get for that Brewers fan in your life, don't worry there is still time to return it! Continue reading
I rarely comment on the national baseball scene because I don't feel like I know enough about the entire league to have an ineresting perspective, but this story involving Nick Adenhart and the Angels clinching the division is right in my wheelhouse. The story goes like this: Nick Adenhart was killed by a drunk driver. The Angels won the division and wanted to include the memory of Nick Adenhart in their celebration and in doing so doused his jersey in beer and champagne. Which led to someone commenting this:
Is it strange/ironic to be dousing Adenhart's jersey in a drunken, wanton manner given that it was that very substance that led to his untimely death? Just sayin'...
Here's the thing, have you ever seen that stupid t-shirt "Guns don't kill people, I do"? Well, this is the same thing. The guy who killed Nick Adenhart and his friends killed them, not beer. If you took Nick Adenhart's jersey and put it in the driver's seat of a car does that also disrespect his legacy? I mean, afterall a car was the very thing that led to his untimely death! I know that's ridiculous, but it's also basically saying the same thing. Continue reading
The Happy Youngster is a much maligned character among Brewers fans because he caught a baseball and wanted to get something in return for it. To a guy like me he is pretty damn cool. I wear my glove to every game, but I haven't caught anything. This dude? According to his website he's caught over 50 game home run balls, WOW! I shot him an email to tell him that we wouldn't be making fun of him as much and he was kind enough to grant me an interview.
WFD: Mr. Youngster, can I call you Happy?
THY: Actually I'd prefer you didn't. Haha, just kidding.
WFD: Dude I just spit my Mountain Dew out that was so funny.
THY: lol thats funny I am drinking Mountain Dew too. Continue reading
- "Is Dusty Baker sleeping with Corey Patterson?": Yahoo! Answers investigates.
- Corey Patterson montage: A fan video set to Survivor.
- Someone actually has to tell Dusty Baker that Corey Patterson sucks: Anytime you can talk bad about Baker and Patterson in the same article, Cubs fans will read it.
- Corey "tarded" Patterson
- Corey hasn't learned a damn thing: desipio, a sports blog pioneer.
- Corey Patterson has a new nickname: Orioles fans love him too.
- Corey story: Moral of the story? Don't let Corey dress himself.
- Walk Off Walk's Patterson t-shirt
- Bleacher bums tell Patterson how they feel: Or maybe just one guy.
- Corey Patterson's Baseball Reference Page: Perhaps the funniest of all. -30 OPS+ this season, is that even possible?